The comprehensive fertility screening may reveal that your infertility is caused by a range of gynaecological conditions including pelvic adhesions, fibroids, polyps and congenital (birth) defects. Your fertility specialists are skilled in restoring healthy conditions in the uterus and uterine cavity using minimally invasive/laparoscopic surgical techniques. These techniques result in shorter recovery times, enabling you to attempt to get pregnant sooner.
Minimally invasive surgery is considered the optimal approach for many such conditions and there will be lesser scar tissues formed.
The minimally invasive surgeries offered at ACRM includes:
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy – removal of fibroids (benign tumor composed of muscle tissue)
- Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy – removal of ovarian cysts (e.g dermoid, endometriotic)
- Laparoscopic Endometriosis Surgery – removal of some tissue, similar to endometrium, found in the pelvic cavity outside the uterus
- Bilateral Tuboplasty – surgical repair of damaged fallopian tubes to treat infertility.
- Polypectomy – during hysteroscopy, instruments inserted through the hysteroscope allow for the removal of uterine polyps.
Learn more about female infertility: